Pumpkin Lasagna



I slacked on the plating of the this, because I was terribly tired after cooking and I was hungry from the aroma. This turned out far better than I had expected, I thought of this because I was missing Fall weather. I had two cans of pumpkin in the house and I said, eh what the heck. I didn't measure much of anything while I was going through, so make sure to taste as you go. Honestly, the more flavor you add the better. Here is everything you'll need:

Lasagna noddles
Ground beef, turkey, or pork.
Ricotta Cheese
2 cans Pumpkin
Nutmeg
Pumpkin
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Yellow Onion
Honey
Sage
Cinnamon
White Wine
Salt
Pepper
5 cheese Italian shredded
Mozzarella shredded
Milk
Flour
Grated Parmesan
Cardamom
Lemon (optional)

You're going to preheat your oven to 350. Once you've done that bring the water for the lasagna to a rapid boil, add a bit of salt to ensure the noddles won't stick together. Add lasagna noddles 2-3 at a time and stir frequently.

While that is cooking, add olive oil to a non-stick pan and place on medium heat. Chop onion and break garlic clove out of skin - chop this as well. Add to the pan until tender, but not brown, add a little white cooking wine and let reduce for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.

Now, brown the meat of your choice.

Take the can of pumpkin and add nutmeg, sage, cinnamon, cardamom, and honey. Add until the taste is right for you. Place aside. Now to make the cheese sauce I made for in-between the layers of lasagna. Heat up butter in a pot, add flour, and milk until creamy. Finally add grated parmesan. I use this same recipe to make a homemade alfredo sauce! Add the chopped onions and garlic to the sauce.

Layer the lasagna noddles to the bottom of the pan once they are done. Layer pumpkin, then ricotta, meat and add cheese sauce. Layer again with noddles, but this time, only add the rest of the pumpkin, ricotta and last bit of the cheese sauce. Cover in cheese and let cook for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is lightly brown.

Serve and enjoy - I added a bit of lemon zest to the top of ours. It was a nice twist to the dish.

The only thing I would have probably changed is not adding something to the lasagna. It's a nice creamy and delicious meal but it lacked texture. Next time I'd add cinnamon sugar pecans possibly or sweet corn. I hope you all enjoyed my thrown to together meal. My husband wants this again in the near future.

Tomorrow stay tuned for apple caramel, shortbread tart recipe to appear on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment