Apple Caramel Speculoos Tart


Today is not my day for 'food photography'. Excuse me as I'll make up for it another time. Too much baby crying, soreness from getting back into working out and after a long day making risotto, I just said well, screw it. A picture is a picture, at least just for today. I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not being able to prop and plate everything like I wanted but that is life and my belly was awaiting. 

Speculoos is becoming so mainstream that the number of uses really need to go up. Here is one and I think for Fall, I'll be using speculoos as a tart crust for quite a few things in the coming week. I will share, of course. Recipe adapted from (Tartlet Sweets)

Ingredients:

Tart crust:
9 oz lotus speculoos cookies or Biscoff
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Apples and Caramel:

6 apples chopped and cooked (or pie filling if you want)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or all spice
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Enough caramel to drizzle over tart - you could either make your own or use store bought.
(I used a homemade recipe of my choosing)

In your food processor add cookies and run until fine, once done add melted butter and sugar, mixing until combined and place into tart pan. Press down and make sure it is as evenly distributed as possible. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes while oven preheats on 350 degrees F (150 C) then bake for 10 minutes and set aside.

Meanwhile, add butter and brown sugar, stirring until melted down well - add apples and spices of your choice. You really can't go wrong with that you add here. Place apple filling on top of pie crust, spread evenly and let cook again on 350 degrees until warm. Take out of the oven, drizzle caramel and serve warm. 

If this isn't making you go "mmmm" I don't know what will. Delicious, perfect Fall dessert. Now, accompanied with hot chocolate or some milk and you can't go wrong. 

What is your favorite Fall dessert?



No comments:

Post a Comment