Our life in Germany - take 1.

I don't even know where to begin, so much has happened since my last post - which was back in December of 2014. I've been neglecting my little space because of all the crazy loops and twirls life has put us through.

A quick summary of basically last year and some of this year:
  • I shaved all my hair off and restarted my natural journey. (too much heat damage from straightening and coloring) I've been natural since May of 2012 - almost 3 years soon! I love my afro and I'll never mistreat it with the straightener again. Sorry, if you're confused.
  • We threw some get togethers and spent most of our free time with our friends here.
  • My parents flew out and my mom helped teach Sicily to walk, but her clubfoot still wasn't fixed. This in turn lead to us finding a new doctor and getting a second opinion! Hallelujah that we did - I can't even begin to type about her old doctor here. *rage*
  • We've been redoing the house room by room. First it was our room, then the kitchen, the living room and now we're working on Sicily's.
  • I started a Geek Girl Brunch chapter for Kaiserslautern, Germany area. I also found another officer to help out with the chapter. We launched our first brunch in Feb (as most of you know if you read my Geek Talk post) What is that? Check out Geekgirlbrunch.com or click on the badge at the side of my page. It's been fun so far! See if there is a chapter in your area!! If anyone is interested in becoming a officer of our chapter, shoot me an email.
  • My life got turned upside down with my recent diagnosis of Celiacs, though, I wasn't wholly surprised considering I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and anytime I ate gluten my joints would flare to high heaven. 
  • We have been saving to see.....*drum roll* JAPAN! Yeah, yeah, I know..we're in Germany, there is a lot of Europe to see. Honestly, Japan has been my dream since childhood. My dream was to become a translator and live in Japan...just ask my mom. There are only a few places I have on my bucket list to see in Europe and that's based on history that interests me. Other than that, if we go somewhere here and I love it, then that's that but I'm daydreaming about Japan these days. 
Enough summary. Want to see a sneak peak of our new home and the decor? It's not finished but once it is in about a month, I'll do a photo tour and get all the detail properly. Everyone who knows me knows I love vintage, always have...so why can't my house be my spin on modern vintage? Now, I just need a stand for my record player, and a display shelf for all my comics, action figures and manga anddddd my house would be perfect! 

Before I offer a sneak peak of my pad...I'll let you know what direction this blog is going in this year! The same direction as normal but with a few new things. I'll have giveaways as normal every couple of months, so don't worry about that. But, as most of you know, Geek Talk has been on my blog since my new design back early last year..I'll be expanding on this and letting you know what my current manga reads are, geeky products I've found that I love and want to share etc. Other new things? Well...not new, but I'm getting back to adding recipes on the blog. There has always been a section, but I've been super neglecting that after all of Sicily's clubfoot treatments so I'm back in business for those who loved my recipes and adaptions. Another thing, I'll be trying to do more of these Our Life in Germany series. 

I'm happy for all my readers who have stuck around and have been checking on the blog even when it was empty and sad. Here is to a new year and finally having life under control enough to take the reins back onto my blogging! Lets get back on this crazy ride!!!!

What has been new for all of you?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment