Confessions

This is one of those posts that I hate to write because it makes me feel vulnerable and out of my element, but your readers don't really get to know you until you put yourself out there right? Here I go, and please promise not to laugh:

1. I've been terribly behind on everything and I'm not okay with that. I've been having an emotional battle with myself these days on things that are completely out of my control and I'm letting them drive me mad. Examples: Sicily's clubfeet and when she will be getting her braces or even when we are starting physical therapy, how much all this is costing, so on, and so forth.

2. I've been running away from my blog. It's not that I'm not happy writing because I am, I love sharing recipes and I love sharing trips but I haven't been able to fully put my heart into it lately because of confession 1. I look at bloggers and I'm not, "That is how I want to blog, she has so many readers." and I need to stop trying to compare my blog to others. I AM NOT them and they are not me. I have my own type of readers and they have theirs. I have been blogging to please the taste of others and not myself, and I'm not doing it anymore. I'm blogging for my tastes, what I want to blog about and if I have people who enjoy reading about my crazy adventures and recipes from my blog with me, then that is fantastic.

3. I've been down in the dumps because of there being barely any sun here in Germany. May not be a big deal to some but this southern girl from South Carolina, who doesn't actually know what a real winter feels like or what weeks of no sun is like, is not for me. So I got back into heavily reading, taking photos of Sicily and other hobbies I've neglected...just to have the sun and nice weather return. I'll try again this upcoming winter haha.

4. I'm a nerdy, activist, who is a jack of all trades but a master of none and sometimes, I'm not okay with that and other times..it comes in handy and it's just fine. I fear the backs that are turned to me over social justice/feminist activism but at the same time, I figure if that bothers you and you can't open your eyes to serious issues, I don't need those kinds of readers anyway. (Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's just pure honesty)

5. The new direction of the blog will have many bumps and head desk moments along the way but please take this roller coaster with me. I'm adding a new section where I'm not just going to be blogging recipes just to share, I'm going to be blogging foods based on or inspired by the places that we travel. It seems much less of a bore if you ask me, and I'll pop in some random goodies here and there, but the blog will mostly be focused on our travel and battle with clubfeet. I know there might be some other parent out there with a child who faces difficulties and they may find comfort to know they aren't alone.

6. I just want to share me. The nerdy me (so I've included a section where we will talk about all things comics, anime and video games) and a few other things. I want to be the rawest version of me that many people unless around me constantly don't get to see.

So, with that, I will have a new design soon, a new follow and show you the rawest form of We ate. We loved. We traveled and aspire to inspire along this journey. <3 p="">

2 comments: